DROID 4 by Motorola

Verizon Wireless

Discussion

DansDroid
    Jelly Bean...check in here for info and tips...
    Discussion posted February 11, 2013 by DansDroidÜBERXprt (12,000+ points)  , tagged DROID 4 by Motorola, Verizon, Verizon Wireless
    2675 Views, 109 Comments
    Discussion Subject:
    Jelly Bean...check in here for info and tips...
    Comment:

We'll use this thread for our forum members to check in for information that may be beneficial to them to aid in preparing their Droid 4 for the installation of OTA Jelly Bean on their phones as well as any other pertinent information that may come along.  I'll update as necessary. This thread does not mean anything has changed with the most recent official Motorola time frame for the release of Jelly Bean.   Please, help us out by not posting "I read on xxx website that Jelly Bean is coming to the Droid 4 on xx/xx/2013.  We'll use this thread for our forum members to check in for information that may be beneficial to them to aid in preparing their Droid 4 for the installation of Jelly Bean on their phones as well as any other pertinent information that may come along.

For starters, among other things, double check that your profile information is up to date including the MEID of your phone as well as having the correct information in the Motorola Feedback Network.  This information is essential to be considered for participation in any soak test that may occur.   Thanks.     --- Dan

Answer

• DansDroid
      null
      I hope the reduction in bloatware that the razer received with the 4.1.2 is carried over to the D4. Some of the first new apps i downloaded were the normal google apps. Gallery, car dock, ect.View original

From the other iterations of Jelly Bean I have seen on other Motorola phones I think you'll be happy with the differences between ICS and Jelly Bean.     --- Dan

• VolBrian
      I got the soak test invite but there is a problem in surveymonkey. The instructions say my id is 14 digits, which it is, but surveymonkey wants 15 digits to proceed. Any advice?
    • dR_Ross

VolBrain,

Here are the steps to get 15 digits:

1) go to 'settings'
      2) Go to 'About Phone'
      3) Go to 'Status'
      4) Look for IMEI, should work. 

• VolBrian
      Thanks!
    • markathome99

Thanks for the info!

• WhetstoneSoftware

Dang.The directions in the survey said to dial *#06# which provides a 14 digit hexidecimal MEID. It omits the last digit.

Not knowing what to do I added a zero to make it 15 digits as the form refused to go to the next page until a 15 digit number was provided. 

Will this eliminate me from the soak test? The number I should have added was a 3.

• arthur.uscg

I think this was an issue with the ICS soak test as well.

• DansDroid
      null

Dang.The directions in the survey said to dial *#06# which provides a 14 digit hexidecimal MEID. It omits the last digit.

Not knowing what to do I added a zero to make it 15 digits as the form refused to go to the next page until a 15 digit number was provided. 

Will this eliminate me from the soak test? The number I should have added was a 3.

View original

You should be okay.  In the future, never add or remove a digit from the IMEI/MEID.    --- Dan

• Morlok8k

Unlike the recent Jellybean updates for other moto devices, I would like motocast to remain on my droid 4 after the JB update.

My only reason:  The "My Music" app.  It is so much nicer than the google music app, which I've never cared for.

If motocast disapears with Jellybean, i'm going to need to find a good replacement music app on the market...  *sigh*

• daryls61

I have apps that are disabled. Do I need to re-enable them to get the update? I disabled them through Apps in the settings menu, not with titanium backup.

Also, i uninstalled some of the pre-installed apps that you cuold. One was Madden and I believe there was a golf game as well I uninstalled. Will I have to get those back to get the update?

• fletch33

I have apps that are disabled. Do I need to re-enable them to get the update? I disabled them through Apps in the settings menu, not with titanium backup.

Also, i uninstalled some of the pre-installed apps that you cuold. One was Madden and I believe there was a golf game as well I uninstalled. Will I have to get those back to get the update?

View original

you will be fine doing those things. it is the titanium etc.. that can cause issues

• DansDroid
      null

View original

As long as you are using a native function on your phone, in this case, disabling an application (or deleting one that is deletable), you will be fine.  You cannot be rooted and I urge everyone to use discretion as soak test information is confidential.    --- Dan

• DansDroid
      null

Unlike the recent Jellybean updates for other moto devices, I would like motocast to remain on my droid 4 after the JB update.

My only reason:  The "My Music" app.  It is so much nicer than the google music app, which I've never cared for.

If motocast disapears with Jellybean, i'm going to need to find a good replacement music app on the market...  *sigh*

View original

I agree, I can't say that I like some of the omissions in Jelly Bean on the phones that I have tested it on.  Don't get me wrong, I love the enhancements!    --- Dan

• Jon6ty9

This will be a huge improvement for my Droid 4. Can't wait!

• tdpolo26

I have to say if motorola does get this update out in the next week or so i will be ultimately impressed on many levels... it shows a lot of dedication on there part to really get these updates out back to back. Plus i hear it is very bloat free ....of course some things i will miss but for the most part i am so glad to see the change logs