Question

Groundhound
    MotoCast ID - "Unable to connect"
    Question posted February 15, 2012 by GroundhoundLandline (10+ points) , last edited May 21, 2012 , tagged MOTOROLA RAZR™, My Motocast
    6823 Views, 54 Comments
    Question Title:
    MotoCast ID - "Unable to connect"
    Comment:

I set up a MotoCast ID via the desktop software and am able to login to mymotocast and see my files, but when I try to add my MotoCast ID account on my Droid Razr Maxx I get an error stating: "Unable to connect at this time, try again later."

This has been going on for two days, what to do?

Answer

• ca.n

Which app on your phone have you been using to access MotoCast?  Are you on wifi/4g?  Please try to use the Files app and see if you get the same error when accessing MotoCast computers.

• Groundhound

Tried with My Files app and got the same result both over 4g and wifi.

• ca.n

Can you try to clear Motocast appdata (settings -> application -> manage applications -> all -> (both Motocast and ZumoService) clear.  Then try accessing the MotoCast apps again. let me know how it goes.

• Groundhound

OK, I cleared data for Motocast and ZumoService (there was no data stored for ZumoService but I cleared it anyway). Tried again and got the same result. Thanks for your help, BTW.

• ca.n

So you were never able to add the MotoCast ID in the first place? Are you able to enter your username and passwords into the field?

• Groundhound

Yes, I enter my username (email address) and password as I created via the MotoCast software & mymotocast.com. I can login just fine at mymotocast and see my files there. When I try to login from the phone I select "I have a MotoCast ID", enter my username and password & then hit "next". For a split second it looks like a progress bar appears with maybe 10% done and then it is replaced with the "Unable to connect" message.

• ca.n

Can you message me your MotoCast ID ?

• Groundhound

Sent

• crimsong19

I'm in the same boat, but I've got a Droid Razr. I've been fiddling around with it since getting it yesterday (Wednesday). I was able to create my Motocast ID and install the software on my computer, but I haven't been able to log in on my Razr in any apps that can access Motocast.

• Groundhound

What worked for me on the advice of ca.n was to do a factory reset and then connect the account before adding back any downloaded apps. Kind of a PITA but it worked.

• crimsong19
       And what would the suggestion be for storing and retrieving my contacts and all my downloaded apps and such?
    • Groundhound

Menu>Privacy>check "Back up my data" before you factory reset

Menu>Privacy>check "Automatic restore" after you reset and connect your MotoCast ID

• crimsong19

So only have "Back up" checked before the reset and then check "Auto restore" after reseting and doing the Motocast setup?

• Groundhound

That's what I did, YMMV. Smile

It will take the Market some time to download everything during the restore, depending on how many apps you have.

• mermo78

I am having the same problem and have tried all of the above.  Help!