Question

nicholas9543
    HELP: Modem did not power up on boot screen?
    Question posted October 20, 2012 by nicholas9543Two-Way Pager (40+ points)  , tagged MOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™, US Cellular
    1295 Views, 6 Comments
    Question Title:
    HELP: Modem did not power up on boot screen?
    Comment:

Can anyone help me with this. I have already went to a uscc repair shop and reflashed my android os keeping my data. It seems to do this again. Phone first works fine then black screen with green led indicating a reboot. I had to do a cold boot on my way to the uscc store just to get to the android os and backup my stuff. I want to get by with this phone until the Electrify M is available in November. I do have insurance, I asked about replacing the device and there will be a $50.00 charge. I am trying to work around of this by keeping it working and useable and not restarting and stuck on a startup screen. Ohh btw the boot screen it is the motorola logo solid. Any help would be gladly appreciated. Thanks

Answer

• eaccents

I'm sorry, but do I understand you correctly that USC already reflashed the OS on your device?  

• nicholas9543

I assume so. Whatever was done the only thing I noticed root was not there. I do know root is not recomended around here but the same problem has happend again without root. So far it's done good today. One night the screen froze then the color went away to a total black screen, the menu, home buttons were still lit and no hapic feedback (Battery Pull). Thinking it may be a wireless ratio failure causeing this. I'm just trying to limp my phone through until the next new device is available. Thanks

• eaccents
      nicholas9543 said:

I assume so. Whatever was done the only thing I noticed root was not there. I do know root is not recomended around here but the same problem has happend again without root. So far it's done good today. One night the screen froze then the color went away to a total black screen, the menu, home buttons were still lit and no hapic feedback (Battery Pull). Thinking it may be a wireless ratio failure causeing this. I'm just trying to limp my phone through until the next new device is available. Thanks

View original

Reflash or factory data reset?  I think they are two very different procedures with differing results.

• nicholas9543

I'd say reflash I still have all my apps and program layouts the same. I also noticed today my data wasn't working so I dialed ** and my perfered network type got changed to wcdma so I changed it back to cdma auto prl. Later on I got the "Modem did not power on" message.

EDIT - removed codes - we don't allow these as they cause problems if people don't know what they are doing

• AlphaDog

I don't think we can help you with your phone.

You mention that it has been reflashed and appears to be previously rooted. I have not heard of an authorized dealer reflashing phones - they usually just replace them because flashing is only done at the Moto service center. And if the phone has been rooted, then it is impossible to tell what has been changed.

Either a reflash or reset would have wiped your phone - so it sounds like nothing has been done other then maybe someone tried to unroot it. Going into the service menu with phone codes probably has caused other issues as well.

The only advice i can offer is to try a factory reset. You will lose your data. I don't think this will work as it doesn't remove all possible damage like what you describe in the phone service menu, and if the phone is rooted, a reset will not put everything back stock.

You may have to send it in for repair.

• nicholas9543

Going tomorrow for to try to get a in store replacement. Hopefully since this is a replacement phone and the 1 year warrenty being expired just a few weeks before this I will have to pay minium. This has become a hardware issue now. Wish me luck. Thanks everyone.