Question

tuespazio
    Moto X Error can't unlock bootloader XT1053Answered
    Question posted November 1, 2013 by tuespazioLandline (10+ points), last edited November 1, 2013 
    7103 Views, 117 Comments
    Question Title:
    Moto X Error can't unlock bootloader XT1053
    Comment:

Hi i have a problem when try to unlock my bootloader, my carrier is NII Mexico (Nextel Mexico) and  accoding to this it can be unlock 

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/87215/session/L3RpbWUvMTM3Nzc4MTE0OC9zaWQvekI2RTYteWw%3D

But i try several times and nothing every time the same message "Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking".

I purchase this phone because on Motorola Page says i can unlock the bootloader.

Anybody on Motorola Can Help Me?

Best Answer

Matt (Forums Manager)

I'm happy to say that thanks to cooperation from Nextel, this problem should be solved. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

Answer

• denny.v
      oliverchen said:

told my friend going to have discount for moto x after all this, and he is going to buy it, guess what website not working for 7 hours from now? Should I be surprise?

View original

Dear oliverchen, how does your post correspond with the topic of unlocking bootloader? Just by saying Moto's bad, Moto screwed up once more etc neither do you speed up the solution of the problem we've all encountered, nor say anything new and useful. Flooding and spamming the topic is just nervous and disrespectful, after all that has been said here. Please stay calm and have a little patience. I will personally ask for updates once a week until we have this bootloader unlocking jam solved, that's enough to keep the topic alive and going :)

PS Just remember Nexus 4 first day of sales through Google Play, were you surprised? Whenever you get a sweet deal online, servers r down.

• oliverchen
      denny.v said:
      oliverchen said:

told my friend going to have discount for moto x after all this, and he is going to buy it, guess what website not working for 7 hours from now? Should I be surprise?

View original

Dear oliverchen, how does your post correspond with the topic of unlocking bootloader? Just by saying Moto's bad, Moto screwed up once more etc neither do you speed up the solution of the problem we've all encountered, nor say anything new and useful. Flooding and spamming the topic is just nervous and disrespectful, after all that has been said here. Please stay calm and have a little patience. I will personally ask for updates once a week until we have this bootloader unlocking jam solved, that's enough to keep the topic alive and going :)

PS Just remember Nexus 4 first day of sales through Google Play, were you surprised? Whenever you get a sweet deal online, servers r down.

View original

Am I the one being ridiculous here? The only thing I have been doing with Motorola is waiting...When I have droid razr Maxx HD is waiting for update which never came and waiting for MOTO X unlock bootloader and let my friend wait for the deal Motorola introduced and never make it work for more than 8 hours. Maybe point out their mistake won't speed up the solution, but I don't see wait could help with any of the situation that deal with Motorola. I said before I love the brand long ago. They are the one keep screw up and disappointed consumers. 

• mk1151
      oliverchen said:
      Am I the one being ridiculous here? The only thing I have been doing with Motorola is waiting...When I have droid razr Maxx HD is waiting for update which never came and waiting for MOTO X unlock bootloader and let my friend wait for the deal Motorola introduced and never make it work for more than 8 hours. Maybe point out their mistake won't speed up the solution, but I don't see wait could help with any of the situation that deal with Motorola. I said before I love the brand long ago. They are the one keep screw up and disappointed consumers. 
      View original

As Denny V rightly pointed out - the topic is "I can't unlock my boot loader" not "General complaints and grievances"

This post and the previous one do not belong here.

As for the deal that you're upset about, Moto already announced that to make up for today's issues, they are running TWO sales, one Wednesday and a second next Monday with double the inventory. I'd say that people got lucky and should be happy about it instead of being angry.

• Victor.Sicilia

Please keep this on topic.

And I think that a update each week will calm down almost everyone. 
      I dont even use my Moto X anymore, but if I get the bootloader unlocked It will be my primary phone again.

• denny.v

Hi everyone! It's friday now and I ask if there's an update on the topic? Any ETA on when the batch of Nextel IMEIs will be uploaded into Moto's system, as stated earlier? I'd also like to know if there's some communication between Motorola and Nextel, or do they just not respond to Motorola's requests to submit IMEIs and S/Ns for BL unlock?

• Matt (Forums Manager)

I'm happy to say that thanks to cooperation from Nextel, this problem should be solved. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

• ezio67

It runs! now I can ask for my code, but no email is coming...

• ezio67

OK! I've got my unlock code :)

• ezio67

Thank you, Matt

• Darnek

I've got my unlock code too :) thanks Matt.

• Felipe
      Ok im newbi sorry for my question but now that I can unlock the bootloader how do I get kitkat on my moto x?
    • lou1s

Awesome news! Now, is there any way that we can get the original factory image for this phone to flash to factory settings?

• denny.v

Dear Motorola support, Matt and everybody, thank you for cooperation and solving this issue quite fast. Now enjoying development on our BL unlocked phones!

Best regards,

Dennis

• peperocco

thank you very much, Matt, I already unlocked my phone. Happy!!!

• IYFBI

Same problem here on new Tmobile Moto X....hate the phone with out beeing able to root ! About to return if its not fixed