MOTOROLA RAZR™ i

Intel Inside®

Question

    LouisH
    RAZR i app compatibility ?
    Question posted October 4, 2012 by LouisHTelegraph  , tagged Motorola RAZR i
    15840 Views, 66 Comments
    Question Title:
    RAZR i app compatibility ?

    Answer

    • peter_m

      RAZR i is able to run almost all apps in the market.

      Exceptions right now are apps reliant on Adobe Air and apps that force the use of Neon instruction set without checking the handsets capability of supporting that feature.

      If you have found any that don't work please provide them here and we can investigate on the cause.

    • phositadc
      The Play Store tells me Rayman Jungle Run is incompatible.
    • peter_m

      Hi phositadc,

      It seems like that app doesn't support many platforms including Razr i and Razr M.

      We can try to follow up with UBI Soft but we would recommend you reach out to them also.

      Kind Regards,

      Peter

    • Splint
      peter_m said:

      RAZR i is able to run almost all apps in the market.

      Exceptions right now are apps reliant on Adobe Air and apps that force the use of Neon instruction set without checking the handsets capability of supporting that feature.

      If you have found any that don't work please provide them here and we can investigate on the cause.

      View original

      Hey could please check if this free app works on the RAZR i (or RAZR m) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.chobirich.tools.mediabutton&feature=also_installed#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwNCwianAuY28uY2hvYmlyaWNoLnRvb2xzLm1lZGlhYnV0dG9uIl0.

      i want to know if it the app is able to do what it is supposed to do, which is to make the music controls on headsets/headphones work
    • Matt (Forums Manager)

      Looks like you may have run into a problem we're seeing. Did you get an error message that said something like: "You may not post an empty Comment?"

      Most of these incidents seem to happen when a member is posting from their office -- but not always. But it also appears that the browser may have something to do with this.

      If you have this problem, we could use your help. Please click this link and post about your experience on the thread provided.

    • briansuperb
    • rhossydd

      From what I've tried so far, no desktop sync programs work correctly with the Razr i.

      Documents To Go, Missing Sync 2, Android Sync Manager all fail to work correctly.

      I assume this is due to the unusual way the Razr I arranges it's memory and prseents it to the applications.

      I'd like to hear of any sync program that does work correctly as it's a really important feature for me.

    • dec1409

      also downloaded gta vice city wont go past intro so have eailed developers 

    • hazzle

      Philips Headset app is not working. Error message "CPU ABI not compatible" while installation.

      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.philips.cl.headset&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5waGlsaXBzLmNsLmhlYWRzZXQiXQ..

      Hope you could fix that...

    • peter_m
      dec1409: Please raise this with Gameloft via the Play Store, we have reached out and they indicated this is not planned to be supported for Razr I.
       
      dec1409 said:

      also downloaded gta vice city wont go past intro so have eailed developers 

      View original

       

    • peter_m
      HI hazzle,
      We will look at for one of our future releases.
       
      hazzle said:

      Philips Headset app is not working. Error message "CPU ABI not compatible" while installation.

      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.philips.cl.headset&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5waGlsaXBzLmNsLmhlYWRzZXQiXQ..

      Hope you could fix that...

      View original

       

    • giantpanda

      Hi there,

      Has anyone reported that current top game Candy Crush Saga is not working on Razr I?  It says it is compatible on Play Store but it quits and goes back to home screen after loading for seconds with King.com logo.

      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.king.candycrushsaga

      Many thanks in advance for your advice!

    • NIcole_Summers

       

      Hi giantpanda,

      I tested Candy Crush saga and have the same issue.

      Apps2SD does not work properly, installation works but then the app gives out an error message saying there is no real primary memory or the primary memory is emulated. That was to be expected though.

      Cheers,

      Nicole

    • giantpanda
      Hi Nicole,
       
      Thanks for your reply.
       
      Any luck this could be addressed sooner rather than later?  Or I am expected to contact the developer directly?  Or even you mean it is "expected" for Razr I users be unable to play Candy Crush saga?
       
      I just tried to install a few app and  games but I already hit the incompatible issue.  That makes me worrying although I pretty much enjoy the build quality, the call quality and efficiency of my Razr I after using it for a week.
       
      Cheers,
      giantpanda
       
      NIcole_Summers said:

       

      Hi giantpanda,

      I tested Candy Crush saga and have the same issue.

      Apps2SD does not work properly, installation works but then the app gives out an error message saying there is no real primary memory or the primary memory is emulated. That was to be expected though.

      Cheers,

      Nicole

      View original

       

    • peter_m
      Hi giantpanda,
       
      Motorola and Intel are working with Candy Crush Saga developer (king.com) to get there apps compatible with Razr i.
      We are actively working with them and providing them a handset so they can provide all the support required for such popular games to run on the intel platform.
       
      Kind Regards,
       
      Peter
      giantpanda said:
      Hi Nicole,
       
      Thanks for your reply.
       
      Any luck this could be addressed sooner rather than later?  Or I am expected to contact the developer directly?  Or even you mean it is "expected" for Razr I users be unable to play Candy Crush saga?
       
      I just tried to install a few app and  games but I already hit the incompatible issue.  That makes me worrying although I pretty much enjoy the build quality, the call quality and efficiency of my Razr I after using it for a week.
       
      Cheers,
      giantpanda
       
      NIcole_Summers said:

       

      Hi giantpanda,

      I tested Candy Crush saga and have the same issue.

      Apps2SD does not work properly, installation works but then the app gives out an error message saying there is no real primary memory or the primary memory is emulated. That was to be expected though.

      Cheers,

      Nicole

      View original

       

      View original