Question

JTC
    After update - stuck on Emergency DialAnswered
    Question posted July 5, 2012 by JTCTelegraph  , tagged DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
    2497 Views, 5 Comments
    Question Title:
    After update - stuck on Emergency Dial
    Comment:

I just performed what seemed to be a fairly major update.  The phone is stuck on emergency dial and a soft reset hasn't helped.  In the background I can see that incoming mail is being registered, but I can't get past the emergency dial screen.

Best Answer

JTC

I was dumb....the initial screen was changed dramatically because my animated background went from a pleasant green swirling thing to an almost black screen, I thought I was looking at something I'd never seen before rather than the screen I saw every time I opend the phone.  I jumped to the conclusion it was for emergency numbers.

Deguardo nailed it and should have gotten the best answer award.  

Sorry about spreading my confusion.

Answer

• dequardo

I may have had the exact same issue.  What LOOKS like the emerg dial screen is really the LOCK screen for a PIN.  Did you set a PIN #?

Mike

• grandsport

Was it the ICS update? Did you try powering down the phone, then Power Button + Volume Down at same time for 8-10 seconds (or until phone restarts)?

• crystallet

Can you tell us exactly what icons are on the screen and which ones you've tried touching?

• JTC

I was dumb....the initial screen was changed dramatically because my animated background went from a pleasant green swirling thing to an almost black screen, I thought I was looking at something I'd never seen before rather than the screen I saw every time I opend the phone.  I jumped to the conclusion it was for emergency numbers.

• crystallet
      JTC said:

No.  You weren't dumb.  You were using a system you never used before.  Glad the problem was solved!