DROID X2 by Motorola

Verizon Wireless

Question

joelbon
    Droid X2: Safe Mode?Answered
    Question posted July 9, 2011 by joelbonÜBERXprt (12,000+ points) , last edited December 22, 2011
    1173 Views, 12 Comments
    Question Title:
    Droid X2: Safe Mode?
    Comment:

Ever since I've got my X2 I have been trying to boot into Safe mode. The problem is that it never starts in Safe Mode. Verizon has the directions right on their website, but they don't work, for me anyway. You can see them here.

What I am wondering is: Can anyone confirm that they have started their X2 in Safe Mode? I have even tried a Factory data reset which didn't help at all.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

joelbon

Well, now that I have upgraded to GB, Safe mode is now working! This is great news for anyone that is doing any troubleshooting. So far I am loving GB.

Answer

• devarshi

I've tried and it didn't work for me either.

• DansDroid

joelbon wrote:

Ever since I've got my X2 I have been trying to boot into Safe mode. The problem is that it never starts in Safe Mode. Verizon has the directions right on their website, but they don't work, for me anyway. You can see them here.

What I am wondering is: Can anyone confirm that they have started their X2 in Safe Mode? I have even tried a Factory data reset which didn't help at all.

Joel, it almost seems as though the code for safe mode wasn't implemented.  I have a feeling this one is not "hit or miss" like we have seen on a few occasions on a couple of Droid models.   Hopefully they'll get this apparent oversight quickly corrected.    --- Dan

• digsoreos

I tried it and it doesn't work for me either. I guess we're all operating in unsafe mode.

Live on the Edge. Droid Does Dangerous.

• joelbon

Well, now that I have upgraded to GB, Safe mode is now working! This is great news for anyone that is doing any troubleshooting. So far I am loving GB.

• Doriroid

It works for me!

• DroidudeAZ

I have started mine in safe mode. I turned the phone off, then held the menu, pressed power at the same time, when the red 'M' logo came up, let go of power while still holding the menu button and after about 50 seconds the safe mode came up at the bottom of the screen. You have to hold the menu button through the entire reboot.

• lucentshadow

Is the menu button on the bottom left corner with the icon of 4 squares? I have tried every combination and can't get Safe Mode to run...

• joelbon

Yes, it is. If you go to About phone in settings, what is your Android version? If you don't have the current Android version than you won't be able to get into Safe mode. You should be on version 2.3.3. Hope this helps.

• photomaster

Thanks! I didn't know about Safe Mode. This could come in very handy while troubleshooting.

• JBass

joelbon wrote:

I am actually having the reverse problem.

Yesterday my phone rebooted several times in to safe mode (while in my holster).

Other than muting the phone for some meetings, I can't guess the source of the problem.

Even when restarted manually, it returned to safe mode .

The last time it took a battery pull to get it to boot into standard mode.

So far today no problems.

Odd!?

• joelbon

I wonder if you are having a problem with the menu key getting stuck? I would say that this is very odd.

Do you ever have any problems with the Menu key? Like not working right or not at all sometimes?

JBass wrote:

joelbon wrote:

Yesterday my phone rebooted several times in to safe mode (while in my holster).

Other than muting the phone for some meetings, I can't guess the source of the problem.

Odd!?

• JBass

joelbon wrote:

I wonder if you are having a problem with the menu key getting stuck? I would say that this is very odd.

Do you ever have any problems with the Menu key? Like not working right or not at all sometimes?

JBass wrote:

joelbon wrote:

Odd!?

Joel,

I not sure where, but another poster reported this issue as well in a different thread.

It only happens when the phone is in the dock.

This discussion may be moot as VZ has offered to ship me a replacement phone due to a rebooting problem.

They indicated that the phone's baseband is not the latest version and they cannot update it remotely.

I hope the new phone is problem free, as the bionic seems to have teething problems so I will wait to upgrade for now.

Thanks