Question

chadwick17
    Market Link in App Drawer Broken
    Question posted March 6, 2012 by chadwick17RAZR V3 (500+ points) , last edited March 8, 2012
    944 Views, 24 Comments
    Question Title:
    Market Link in App Drawer Broken
    Comment:

Does anyone know of a way to 'relink' the market shortcut at the top of the app drawer? Since Google updated the Market to the 'Play Store' that link at the top no longer works...

Answer

• customer22
       you should have a play store icon in your apps
    • Steelhand

Should work once  your market app is updated to the google play version

• chadwick17

Nope, still says "Application is not installed on your phone". I'm talking about the white market app in the top right corner of every page of the drawer. I realize that there is a Play app now in the drawer but it was always nice to be able to get to the market from any screen in the drawer.

• customer22

my play store app downloaded this morning along with several other updates.  maybe it just hasn't gotten to you yet.

• Hobb3s

Registered just so I could post this.  I just recieved the update a few min ago and I am having the same problem.

• Steelhand

Dont know of a way to update that link in the app drawer. My download for the update just came and the link still works.

Have you cleared cache, reboot device and see what happens.

• ishore

Try turning the phone off. I repeat "OFF'" not a reboot. Wait about 3 minutes and restart, this should get it working. Go the the Market, go to your apps, and get the upgrades.

should work after that.

• chadwick17
       Still not working after the power down. Not sure what is up here. I guess I can just scroll to the Play Store icon in the app drawer but that is kind of annoying...
    • Hobb3s

Not working for me either.

• joelbon

I have gotten the update and my link still works. Will someone that is having this problem try to uninstall Market updates and let it update again. This should get it going. I don't know why that link would stop working. Hope this helps.

• joelbon

I was wrong. Mine stopped working and I am getting the same problem. I am reporting this. Thanks for the heads up.

• n8shon

I logged in here to report the same issue. I submitted it to Google in an email as well. 

• n8shon

Any timeline for an update to fix this? 

• koolade2

I think this happen to everyone that updated. 

• n8shon

Yes, there are many people affected. 

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/03/07/own-a-motorola-device-google-play-store-update-probably-just-broke-your-market-links/