This is a public Blog  publicRSS

BLOG

Matt (Forums Manager)
    Still unpacking boxes...
    BLOG posted January 3, 2012 by Matt (Forums Manager)ÜBERXprt (12,000+ points) , last edited January 28, 2012
    1420 Views, 24 Comments
    Title:
    Still unpacking boxes...
    Entry:

As members have noted, we're still working through several transition issues.

Our primary transition concerns right now are:

1. Make sure all owners are able to successfully log into the new site. Looks like that is going okay, with a few stumbles. If you are having trouble logging in (and you've tried filling out your profile, resetting your password, etc.) please send an email to supportforums@motorola.com. Include details -- your username, the email address you are using if different from the one you use to send to us, what errors you are experiencing, etc.
    2. Get all the comments from the old site properly imported here. Our process worked for most, but not all of the comments. Some were imported to the wrong place and that's a problem. We've been working to understand where it went wrong and it looks like that might be corrected as soon as today. Wish us luck.

After we get these items resolved, we will start addressing some of the requests and issues you have reported as well as some enhancements we have in mind.

All this, of course, is mere housekeeping, but it is keeping us from really focusing on our phones and devices. That's why we're all here after all. As the site issues get resolved we'll be back gathering your feedback and trying to find answers.

(Speaking of feedback -- the old method of registering for the Motorola Feedback Network is being phased out! Be sure you have updated your profiile here on this site if you want to be included in future projects. Visit your profile and click the link titled "Update Contact Information / Motorola Feedback Network Participation Preference" to keep your MFN membership in place and your information up to date.)

We appreciate the patience of those who have been supportive, and the frustrations of those who are beating us up a bit. We hoped the move would be smoother but if we have to grind it out, so be it.

- Matt and Mark
      forums managers

(Click here to comment)

NOTE: Off-topic responses to this blog will be deleted and flagged as abuse.

• DansDroid

Matt, thank you and Mark for all of incredible hard work involved in putting together the new forum and having to do your regular duties as well, I highly appreciate it and know it must be a daunting task.  The three primary thorns for me right now are not getting email notifications of posts, and the forum not remembering the settings I select, for example "questions", and "date posted".  I have to reset these each time the forum is refreshed.  I'm relatively sure you probably have noticed these as well, just wanted to throw my hat into the ring on these issues.  There are many more, but I won't dwell on them, I'm sure they will be worked out in time.   Thank you both again for everything you do for us. --- Dan

• nigelmr
       it is a good forum joined not long ago and I hope that I can get to test a beta version of ics and get involved with as much software testing as I can. Thank you for XOOM forum
    • princesspooh
       Not sure this is where I should report this, but I am getting the invalid security certificate message whenever I visit this website now.
    • smooches680
       Hello there I have the Motorola xoom WiFi only tablet and i want to be included in any new updates for this item. I want to sign up for the Motorola feedback network participation. My email is: ladyv680@yahoo.com Thank you
    • Mad

[removed]

• Matt (Forums Manager)
      smooches680 said:
       Hello there I have the Motorola xoom WiFi only tablet and i want to be included in any new updates for this item. I want to sign up for the Motorola feedback network participation. My email is: ladyv680@yahoo.com Thank you

Please look in the Xoom community for the Featured Thread on how to sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network.

• Matt (Forums Manager)
      princesspooh said:
       Not sure this is where I should report this, but I am getting the invalid security certificate message whenever I visit this website now.

Thanks - I know Mark is looking at these. I'll make sure he sees your comment.

• Dustoff66

First off, what a load of BS just to register for this forum! I was waiting to be asked for a urine sample.

[removed]

• Edited. Please do not crash threads with off-topic posts, per our site rules. [1]
    • tbone732000

[removed]

• Edited. Please do not crash threads with off-topic posts, per our site rules. [1]
    • completeidiot

Some of my old posts in the Defy+ forum got moved to the Defy forum in the move/upgrade. Please can you transfer mine and others back to where they belong, i.e. the Defy+ forum.

Thanks

• JoeS

The new design is even worse to use on a mobile device.  Can we please get a mobile version?

• Matt
       completeidiot, thanks for the tip. Would you be able to post or PM the URLs of the misplaced threads?
    • Matt (Forums Manager)
      Dustoff66 said:

First off, what a load of BS just to register for this forum! I was waiting to be asked for a urine sample.

What items did you find too intrusive? We tried to eliminate registration fields that we were not using from our previous site and only leave things that would help with troubleshooting, etc.

• Mad
       I was originally rather surprised by the details requested about phones / tablets. Knowing how much damage can be done with such details in the wrong hands. However, being a Motorola client for 25 years whose only complaint is the lack of smartphone support for Motorola's Phone Tools, I figured "why not? ". After all they have had personally identifying info about me AND my Motorola gear off and on for that time with absolutely no negative effects. In fact, it greatly speeds up the occasional support request when they can click a button /link to see exactly what equipment I'm referring to. Mad
    • mhpiper3
       Thank you for your work on the project. I enjoyed participating and the preview.