MOTOROLA XPRT™

Sprint/NEXTEL

Question

mattp88
    Music Player Stops PlayingAnswered
    Question posted September 28, 2011 by mattp88Telegraph , last edited February 12, 2012
    703 Views, 4 Comments
    Question Title:
    Music Player Stops Playing
    Comment:

My music player stops playing when my screen goes to sleep.  Does any one know how to keep music player playing continuously without shutting off?

Best Answer

eaccents

@mattp88

Hi Matt.  Sounds like there is a Task Killer (uninstall the ATK if you have one--your phone comes with Task Manager) or Task Manager at work. I use the stock Music app and when my screen turns off the music continues to play.

Go to your phone's Task Manager to make sure that Music and Gallery are not set to auto-end.  If these items are checked in the Task Manager, these apps will stop 2min after the screen times out.

EDIT:  Of course, Music Player should also not be checked

Answer

• eaccents

@mattp88

Hi Matt.  Sounds like there is a Task Killer (uninstall the ATK if you have one--your phone comes with Task Manager) or Task Manager at work. I use the stock Music app and when my screen turns off the music continues to play.

Go to your phone's Task Manager to make sure that Music and Gallery are not set to auto-end.  If these items are checked in the Task Manager, these apps will stop 2min after the screen times out.

EDIT:  Of course, Music Player should also not be checked

• mattp88

Thanks for your help!  Your solution solved the problem!

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• eaccents

@mattp88

Glad it worked for you.

Enjoy your XPRT!

• GOPINATH

YES, IT REALLY WORKED....THANKS TO U BRO.....THIS ANSWER HELPED ME ALSO  AND GOT ME OUT FROM ANNOYING FURTHER... THANKS A LOT. KEEP IT UP...