Question

mtwizard
    Where are the MOTOROLA SF700 headphones
    Question posted November 13, 2011 by mtwizardStarTac (200+ points) , last edited May 27, 2012
    27303 Views, 77 Comments
    Question Title:
    Where are the MOTOROLA SF700 headphones
    Comment:

Matt, please tell us what has happened to the MOTOROLA SF700 headphones. They have been removed from the Motorola Shopping order page and Amazon just sent me an order cancellation. Not Happy, please tell me that MOTOROLA has not just decided to canel the SF700.

Thank you,

Marc Taylor

Answer

• dan.pendleton

+1 - My Amazon order just got cancelled too... what's the deal?

• Matt (Forums Manager)

We're not providing details on precise availability at this time. They will be available soon.

• mtwizard

That is great, thank you Matt

Battery life for running maybe better with BLE and with a software change or two maybe will have the 5 hour battery life that we must have for marathons and century rides.

Thank you,

mtwizard

• chittus

Hello Matt

Thanks for actively monitoring the forums. I currently have a Polar FT80 and bought motoactv as well. Unfortunately I cannot use Polar HRM with Motoactv and dont want to invest in another HRM.

If you can atleast confirm SF700 should be out in decent time frame and its not scrapped, it will be great. If not I may have to return to Amazon and stick with nano and polar for the time being.

• Matt (Forums Manager)

I don't have any additional details -- hope you stick with us but you'll have to make the call.

• chittus

Thanks Matt. I may just return this and if they ever get released will buy again.

• poisonoak

I will add my disappointment about the lack of explanation and timeframe. I might just get an Ant+ chest strap, but I was looking forward to trying these first. I guess the best approach is probably to get the strap and be ready to return it in 30 days if the SF700 is released within that window.

A simple explanation, though, goes a long way to decreasing customer irritation, even if it's only partly true. For instance: "Natural disasters in Asia have prevented us from releasing the SF700 by our November 6 target. We apologize for the delay and will update our release schedule as soon as we are able." Officially acknowledging the delay before the Amazon cancellation notices were sent out would have been much better than waiting a week for someone to ask a question on the support forums.

• TJConnery

If it makes you feel any better about not having the SF700's, have you considered how it looks like these units will conflict with sunglasses and helmet straps? 

I rode over the weekend with the ACTV on the bars and a set of iPhone ear buds. Never felt awkward at all with the lead running up from the unit, tucked under my chin strap and into my ears.  If I experienced an involuntary dismount, I was pretty certain the jack would release quickly and my ear lobes would not be pulled off.  I never got to test that theory, luckily.

• poisonoak

That is a good point. Just ordered the Garmin Ant+ HRM for $42 and will forget about wireless audio for the time being. I would think a better form factor for headphones like the SF700 with regard to helmet and sunglass use would be clip-on battery/control unit on the collar or backpack with earbuds dangling like normal.

• deepskier

Any  update to the availability of the headphones?  either the SF500 or the SF700?  Alot of us are waiting to purchse the motoactv until the heart rate headphones become available.

• lanejsl

Add me to this group.  I'm waiting for the SF700 before I purchase the Motoactv.  Doesn't look good though. 

• deepskier

I even called Moto and asked to speak to the product mgr.  The rep stated the product mgr did not have details on either the sf500 or sf700 headphones.  Strange that moto wont release any information on these.  i worry they got canceled. 

• deepskier

Is there other company that makes Heart Rate monitor earphones?

• mtwizard

Hello, no one I have been able to find and I have LOOKED!

Thank you,

mtwizard

• p1noyplaya

I went to Best Buy this afternoon and they have two in-stock for $149.  I ended up getting the S10-HD, cheaper and I don't need the heart rate monitor.