MOTO G / MOTO G 4G LTE 1st Gen

Exceptional phone. Exceptional price.

Question

djbeefdip
    4.4.4 for LTE
    Question posted July 1, 2014 by djbeefdipLandline (10+ points), tagged MOTO G 4G LTE 
    1676 Views, 11 Comments
    Question Title:
    4.4.4 for LTE
    Comment:

Mine came with 4.4.3 and it still says it's up to date but I've been hearing moto g has long since gotten 4.4.4.

Answer

• Nicole_Summers

Hey djbeefdip,

It's rolled out on certain carriers in the US but there is still some that are yet to receive it. I will ask someone from US to tell you if it's rolled out yet for your device.

In the meantime, can you post your IMEI in the profile?

Thanks,

Nicole

• Wendy_W

As far as I'm aware, only Nexus and GPE devices have gotten 4.4.4 thus far. We are working on rolling it out to everyone as quickly as we can, but it does take time.

• Nicole_Summers

Ah ok - good that I asked.

There you go  djbeefdip :)

Cheers,

Nicole

• IanP

I just got the 4.4.4 upgrade for LTE this morning and I'm the UK.

No issues to report so far with upgrade.

Ian

• Ulises.Rodriguez
      I own a Moto-G 4G LTE XT1045 USA Version that comes with KK 4.4.3, but unfortunately the latest update 4.4.4 never comes!! I am starting to believe that the India and Europe users are first on the update line and the USA are last... As I mentioned in my other posts, I don't have found any USA XT1045 users that have received the 4.4.4 update!! Motorola what's happening with the Moto-G 4G LTE XT1045/USA??? Why the 4.4.4 update for USA users is taking such a long time??
    • Nicole_Summers

Ulises,

We gotta start somewhere as we cannot roll it out at the same time to everyone. 

The Asia retail build on the Moto G had some annoying issues so it only makes sense if the engineers pushed for rolling it out there first. 

Do you have any issues which you hope to resolve with the update or why are you asking?

Cheers,

Nicole

• derekjd

Nicole,

Really Moto doesn't have the capability to roll out 4.4.4 to non fully functioning phones (see SD card issue) in a week?  Maybe Moto should ask for help on how to roll things out from linux distributions like Ubuntu/Redhat/Slack/Suse....  Maybe ask some Google engineers for help or ask Lenovo for some server help since they are buying IBM's x86 server line.....

Derek

Dealing with 4.4.3

• Wendy_W

Ubuntu/Redhat/Slack/Suse don't have to have everything tested and approved by internet service providers before sending them out. :)

Don't get me wrong, I have Ubuntu on my computer at home. But a computer =/= a smart phone.

• derekjd
      Wendy_W said:

Ubuntu/Redhat/Slack/Suse don't have to have everything tested and approved by internet service providers before sending them out. :)

Don't get me wrong, I have Ubuntu on my computer at home. But a computer =/= a smart phone.

View original

Wendy,

Android is a flavor of linux and iOS is a flavor of BSD...  A android phone is just a pretty linux box with a few radios in it,,,,,  You can actually put ubuntu on your phone if you wish.....

Derek

• crystallet
      derekjd said:
      Wendy_W said:

View original

Wendy,

Android is a flavor of linux and iOS is a flavor of BSD...  A android phone is just a pretty linux box with a few radios in it,,,,,  You can actually put ubuntu on your phone if you wish.....

Derek

View original

You're correct, of course!   :-)

But the operative part of Wendy's response is valid: you can upgrade/change/modify your computer's OS without the interference of your ISP, but you can't change the stock OS on a phone without substantial testing by, and the ultimate approval of, the carrier.  And, the carrier will limit the number of phones that receive an update at the same time to reduce stress on the network.  Yes, you may be able to check for the update and pull it before you get your notification, but not everyone is as anxious for updates as we are.   ;-)

So I guess you're both right.  yes

• Raj

Hi,

Landed up here while browsing for the motorola update services to a lollipop update on motog xt1045 first gen. I got 4.4.3 when i purchased this phone in US and got updated to 4.4.4 about 2 or 3 months ago.

I was wondering if theres a lolli update for this phone. Appreciate any iota of an information on this.