Announcement

Matt (Forums Manager)
    UPCOMING UPGRADE: WE NEVER REST
    Announcement posted February 7, 2012 by Matt (Forums Manager)ÜBERXprt (12,000+ points) , last edited March 9, 2012
    16844 Views, 99 Comments
    Title:
    UPCOMING UPGRADE: WE NEVER REST
    Announcement:

MOTOACTV continues to deliver more and more functionality to its owners. Coming March 7 — via a free software update, you'll be able to track your performance across over 40 new activities including yoga, Pilates, dancing and martial arts — and monitor your data online.

You'll also be able to activate your display with a flick of the wrist, set up Wi-Fi directly on your device, and host your own competitions at the MOTOACTV Training Portal.

And this is just a sneak peak — look out for more details of further new additions.

It's coming to MOTOACTV around the world on March 7.

Comments Are Closed

• mk1151

REALLLLY LIKE! Thanks Matt!!!!

• rodrigolink

Great news!

• RunnerGirlG

Any chance this new upgrade will add a page to Website so we can log our meals? 

• Matt (Forums Manager)
      RunnerGirlG said:

Any chance this new upgrade will add a page to Website so we can log our meals? 

I don't think I've seen this suggestion before (though I am behind on reading the suggestion thread). It will go on the list!

• MadManX

Can we see the current list of the over 40 activities planned for this release?

I hope this time around there is an "other", "unknown", or "user defined" activity.  I use mine rock climbing (gym/outdoors (and its totally different workout)) and caving (crawling, climbing, hiking, and many other combined activities).  I'm hoping that I can at least label them now in the portal as I like to monitor my HR for how hard I'm pushing my self. 

Oh... And if I forgot to add it to the suggestions post... On screen HR graph (over time, and overall)... Would totally help in monitoring recovery.

-MadManX

• heroncam

Suggestion for music/MP3 player.

I've been using Motoactv for Audio books. Works great. I would suggest a "slider" that allows you to advance the play position on screen. Right now I have to hold the fast forward button a long time to advance 2 hours into a 5 hour audio book session.

Thanks,

Paul

• sudzilla

" Coming March 7 — via a free software update, you'll be able to track your performance across over 40 new activities including yoga, Pilates, dancing and martial arts "

Dear God!!!  How long is it going to take to calibrate all of those Laughing

Looking forward to it!  I am having great success with Update v. 5 so far.  I really hope that being able to see all of the GPS metrics without starting the workout shows up in this...I didn't realize how much I appreciated that in my 205 until I started using the MOTO.

GREAT WORK MOTO TEAM!!!!!

• BrandoCommando

Any possibility of being able to manually import a .tcx or .gpx workout to the web interface?

• mavr1ck_uk

Can you add 'Playstation Move Fitness' as an actvity please. Maybe speak to Sony about using the device with their fitness releases

• bq14

Thanks so much for the update, Matt and YAY Moto:))

Curioius, does activate display with flick of wrist, mean seeing screen if it goes in sleep mode?

Also, any future chance for the App that shows a 'mini' version of the MA site w/ our workout data, etc.for Razr phone? -- 

Again, much appreciated that you all are working so hard and really taking our suggestions and making them work -- I'm impressed:)

• bq14

P.S. ...Guess you guys need some sleepLaughing

• asimpereira
      heroncam said:

Suggestion for music/MP3 player.

I've been using Motoactv for Audio books. Works great. I would suggest a "slider" that allows you to advance the play position on screen. Right now I have to hold the fast forward button a long time to advance 2 hours into a 5 hour audio book session.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul, you can already do that.

Just swipe to the 2nd screen where you see the music seek bar.

You can slide the seek bar to any point in your audio book.

• Allart

Golf? Would be a great tool to keep score and record distances with different clubs. 

Airplane mode? See where you are, how fast and how high... Thinking about airplanes... Would you need to turn it off on a commercial flight? It is an Android tablet of sorts after all...

• simx

-You'll also be able to activate your display with a flick of the wrist.

I think this is the single most important addition that will take the Motoactv to a whole new dimension by using it as a standard watch without the need to switch it on each time.

Well done, great work.

P.S. Please post the US upgrade fix :)

NA

• kevin83202

Sounds like a great update, looking forward to it. Thanks!