MOTO X™ 1st Gen

Designed by you, responds to you and made for you.

Discussion

kittiesoncrack
    4.4.2 rolling out?
    Discussion posted January 26, 2014 by kittiesoncrackPager (25+ points), tagged Sprint 
    1104 Views, 21 Comments
    Discussion Subject:
    4.4.2 rolling out?
    Comment:

I just installed 4.4.2 update on my Moto X, Is it rolling out? 

Answer

• kittiesoncrack
    • joelbon

What does it say in About phone in Settings? 

• kittiesoncrack

http://i.imgur.com/MkqRd6c.png

I wasnt invited to a Soak test or anything. The only other place I've seen someone get it is on Android Central Forums. Although I did see a person with a Verizon Moto X at XDA get it as well

• JTReeves
      How did you get the software? It isn't available yet on Verizon.

• kittiesoncrack

It just prompted me a update for 4.4.2 and I installed it. It took a sec to realize it was 4.4.2 so I started looking around.

Edit: it should be noted I am on Sprint, not Verizon. 

• crystallet

Android Central thread with image here.

• rman18

This is the slowest roll out ever :)

• RevLauren

Haven't see anything on Verizon as yet, and the update mentioned above on Sprint isn't showing up yet on the update table at this link.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/94927/p/30,6720,8696/reg/423535

I look forward to seeing it whenever it shows up, though. Maybe we're swapping the carrier order around. Last time Sprint was updated after Verizon.

• jason.motox
      Hmm, is this the new soak test? Random selection with Motorola remotely monitoring basic phone status (crashes and such)? Can't leak something you don't know about.

Looks like if there are no problems on the phones that received it, the update should be available soon.
    • Eagle328
      I will state this. I don't know of any soak test at this time that is public. Motorola could be testing in-house and I'm not going to know anything about that. I hope this stop the rumors of a soak at least. But you can never know if Motorola decides to try something new and not let even us know. I can't wait for the upgrade myself. 

• kobester

It has supposedly hit a US cellular phone as well. No screenshots and they claim they are staying till it has been rooted. So take it with a grain of salt. http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/index.php?/topic/6272-4.4.2-is-being-pushed

• kittiesoncrack

I dont think its a soak test because I didnt receive any emails to participate in one. and I havent had any problems with the update so, yes, it should start rolling out. 

• shaleck

I see there is a "System update available" however the status shows "Install deferred".  When I click to continue with update I get a screen that shows "Your device's software is up to date."

Is this normal?  Is there a reason I can't access the update?

• crystallet

If I continue to press Settings-About Phone-System Updates with the same frequency, I will wear out the screen in those spots.

Oh where is the virtual thorazine clinic when I need it?

• RevLauren
      I wonder if there is a 12-step program for our obsession. I want the update, too, even though I am one of the fortunate whose phone works pretty well.
      crystallet said:

If I continue to press Settings-About Phone-System Updates with the same frequency, I will wear out the screen in those spots.

Oh where is the virtual thorazine clinic when I need it?

View original